Any ideas on how to get this char working inside a module

Fritz

New member
Hi again,
Sorry to keep buggin everyone about this, but does anyone have any ideas on how to get this "Panther" char from Knights of Valour working inside a module? I've tried it in multiple modules, and I can get it to load successfully as a playable char, and also changed the player type from "enemy" to "player", and I can use the char for about 30 seconds or less, until it crashes any module I try it with.  All of the Panther sprites are in .png format.  Am I supposed to convert all of its sprites to .gif format, or does that not matter?  Or is there something I should change in the char .txt file to make it compatible with any module?
Excuse my ignorance of coding, as I have virtually no experience other than trial and error, and have no idea what syntax or parameters I should change to make it compatible with a module.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
Hey Fritz. First, no, don't downgrade to .gif images. The .png format is not just supported, it's recommend.

What you're getting is not a crash - openbor is intentionally shutting down because it needs or wants something that isn't there. There is a log output that will usually pinpoint the issue. Post it up here and we'll take a look.
 
Hey Damon,

Thanks for your response and your willingness to help.  I've tried everything I can, and it the module still keeps shutting down.  Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, sometimes within about 30 seconds.  I attached the latest openbor log from the log folder, but had to change the extension to ".gif" for the sever to be able to send at (it will not allow the post to go through if I try to upload the attachment as a ".txt" file)  So once you get it, just change the extension back to .txt.  Thanks again for taking a look.

Regards!


[attachment deleted by admin]
 
Hi,

Yeah, if you already have it programmed as a player, and able to use in other modules, I'd love it very much if you can send it to me:  lancedguy@yahoo.com

Regards
 
That's a nice way to attach .txt file here Fritz :)

Anyways, I can't find any error there so it must be something else

I'll make playable panther for you to show you how. Give me time :)
 
Thanks for jumping in Bloodbane. If you guys have any more issues let me know.
 
Hey!

Thank you to ALL of you guys so much for taking the time and helping, and I appreciate you all very much.  All of you guys rock!  The file that Bloodbane sent works beautifully, with absolutely no problems.  Thank you Bloodbane for taking the time to create a working file and sending it to me.  This has been driving me more batty than it should have, over the last couple of weeks, lol. 

Regards

 
Back
Top Bottom