Bluetooth gamepad no keys

I just tried a bluetooth gamepad with the android port and only the dpad works, but not the keys and not let me configure it :-[. has anyone had this issue and can it be fixed? :P
 
Is it a 8bitdo controller? like NES30, NES30 pro, SFCpro? 

You might just need to delete your old .CFG files and reconfigure, not sure it's a joystick problem at all.  A few builds back some crucial updates were made that resulted in  the old CFG files to be deleted, if you don't you can get messed up gamepads like this and other issues. 



 
BeasTie said:
Is it a 8bitdo controller? like NES30, NES30 pro, SFCpro? 

You might just need to delete your old .CFG files and reconfigure, not sure it's a joystick problem at all.  A few builds back some crucial updates were made that resulted in  the old CFG files to be deleted, if you don't you can get messed up gamepads like this and other issues.

Is a Ipega bluetooth gamepad  ( http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1h0oBIpXXXXbKXXXXq6xXFXXXF/Ipega-PG-9025-PG-9025-5-7-Bluetooth-controlador-de-juegos-inal%C3%A1mbrico-Gamepad-Game-Pad-Joystick.jpg    )
 
its a issue with the android port it needs updating but no one officially supports it utunnels made the android port but has now left the forum.

I found a work around using gamekeyboard app it lets you configure game pad keys as keyboard keys that are supported by openbor.

I am happy to upload the apk here but I think it might break forum rules.
 
msmalik681 said:
its a issue with the android port it needs updating but no one officially supports it utunnels made the android port but has now left the forum.

I found a work around using gamekeyboard app it lets you configure game pad keys as keyboard keys that are supported by openbor.

I am happy to upload the apk here but I think it might break forum rules.


I found the app,  really appreciate the advice, I just try it.
 
msmalik681 said:
its a issue with the android port it needs updating but no one officially supports it utunnels made the android port but has now left the forum.

I found a work around using gamekeyboard app it lets you configure game pad keys as keyboard keys that are supported by openbor.

I am happy to upload the apk here but I think it might break forum rules.


I Just try the app, and I happily tell you that if it worked. thank you very much for monitoring and prompt response.
 
BeasTie said:
Is it a 8bitdo controller? like NES30, NES30 pro, SFCpro? 

You might just need to delete your old .CFG files and reconfigure, not sure it's a joystick problem at all.  A few builds back some crucial updates were made that resulted in  the old CFG files to be deleted, if you don't you can get messed up gamepads like this and other issues.

i have 2 snes30 controllers.. got player 1 to work, the downside is if i work with player 2 and press buttons, player 1 would be functioning. wish i can get that issue fix because as much i love using openbor, its quite frustrating to not find a easy fix for this..
 
Be sure to update the firmware on those controllers, I just had to upgrade firmware on two NES30 controllers before they worked properly on bluetooth. 
http://www.8bitdo.com/snes30/firmware.html

They have two modes, one is true joystick mode, the other is a keyboard mode so it auto-maps to arrow keys.  If it's the wrong mode it wont work when mapping joystick in openbor or emulator etc. The old firmware has an issue getting stuck in keyboard mode, I'd say this is likely your problem.

 
Back
Top Bottom