Can't grab near a wall or platform

brikinhos

New member
Hi all, I think I found a bug, when I try to grab an entity being near a wall or platform I can't grab him. I take a look to the parameter "nograb" and it's value is 0 (grabbable). I played other OpenBOR games and it happends the same but I would like to fix it. Any solution? Thanks in advance.
 
brikinhos said:
I don't understand what is the purpose of it. I will try to fix it with a function in walk animation.

And then by doing so you will find out what the purpose of it is. Meaning, you will find out that the entities grabbed close to a wall may get stuck on it if the grabbing action will get interrupted and break. So, that's the purpose of it. Because the OpenBOR default grabbing is not having any function on it to not let grabbed entities get stuck inside the walls. Instead, it's disabling himself near a wall in order to prevent this.
So, for such reasons we have and most people use scripted grab systems instead of the Engine's default one.
 
magggas said:
And then by doing so you will find out what the purpose of it is. Meaning, you will find out that the entities grabbed close to a wall may get stuck on it if the grabbing action will get interrupted and break. So, that's the purpose of it. Because the OpenBOR default grabbing is not having any function on it to not let grabbed entities get stuck inside the walls. Instead, it's disabling himself near a wall in order to prevent this.
So, for such reasons we have and most people use scripted grab systems instead of the Engine's default one.

Thanks so much, Magggas.
 
Back
Top Bottom