Force enemies to idle away/behind player character

Aerisetta

Active member
Hi

I have a very specific situation in my game where the player will loop an idle-like animation, with no bbox, for a period of time like 20 seconds. (i can't show it here sorry)

During this time, the enemies have nothing to hit, so they don't attack, but generally they will all gather around the player character. Currently they all clump up around the player and start their idle animation loop. This is good BUT I would like to force the enemies to either stand further away or behind on the Z axis to not cover up the player character.

I don't want to add a bbox to the player character because I don't want the enemies to attempt to attack during this time.

Any ideas how I can make the enemies do that?
 
@Aerisetta,

That is indeed a very specific behavior, and probably not one you're going to get out of the native AI routines. You'll most likely have to come up with a set of scripted actions based on proximity. You could trigger these behaviors by running an enumeration loop when in the situation, then run another loop that stops it.

Enumerations are detailed here:


HTH,
DC
 
@Aerisetta,

That is indeed a very specific behavior, and probably not one you're going to get out of the native AI routines. You'll most likely have to come up with a set of scripted actions based on proximity. You could trigger these behaviors by running an enumeration loop when in the situation, then run another loop that stops it.

Enumerations are detailed here:


HTH,
DC

Thanks! Infact the forced Michael Jackson Moonwalk thing sounds kinda interesting :)
 
Back
Top Bottom