Okamijoe
Member
Hello,
I got some questions regarding frame file formats, the manual only touches this subject very briefly:
File size? Better handling of the color palettes? Faster loading In-Engine?
Almost every Mod I looked at is using .gif files, so it really makes me wonder if that's just a matter of habit, or are the differences perhaps not that big of a deal?
Another thing I'd like to ask is about proper file handling, as in saving files correctly.
We all use different programs to save our sprites, I use Photoshop and there's a couple of options to choose from when saving a .png file:
Now, what should I choose? Does any of these options have a bad impact on the file, which can result in maybe a bloated file size or bad colors?
Thank you for your help!
I got some questions regarding frame file formats, the manual only touches this subject very briefly:
Now I'd like to know a bit more about using one file format over the other, what are the advantages of using .png over .gif?~OpenBoR supports 256-color (or lower) .bmp, .gif, .pcx or .png files. However, .bmp is too big so choose between the latter. .png is recommended.
File size? Better handling of the color palettes? Faster loading In-Engine?
Almost every Mod I looked at is using .gif files, so it really makes me wonder if that's just a matter of habit, or are the differences perhaps not that big of a deal?
Another thing I'd like to ask is about proper file handling, as in saving files correctly.
We all use different programs to save our sprites, I use Photoshop and there's a couple of options to choose from when saving a .png file:
Now, what should I choose? Does any of these options have a bad impact on the file, which can result in maybe a bloated file size or bad colors?
Thank you for your help!