I have a projectile that has subtype chase and it works fine except when it comes to short or low enemies then it just spins in place over the enemy instead going down and attacking them can anyone recommend a fix for this?
Alright so I'm back to square one with this problem instead of locking onto entities the projectile just flips back and forth above their head no matter how tall the entity is, sometimes the first of five projectiles will connect or they all fly above until their lifespan expires, I also noticed this happens with moonknights projectile from zvitor's mfa2 mod if you guys have any suggestions or insight on this it would help me alot and here are some pics to show whats happening in game (no Ironman isn't wearing a hat lol)
Hmmm.... the tough answer is to code targeting script for 3D. Unfortunately, my targetting scripts are 2D only (I have codes for xz plane and others for xy plane)
The easy solution is to add attack animation to homing projectile. This animation has short range and will move projectile downwards to hit target below. Oh in case, the target is above, add another attack animation for projectle to move upwards