I can't get OpenBOR to compile anymore [Solved]

Viper Snake

Member
When OpenBOR was on sourceforge, I used tortoiseSVN to download the engine and tools folders and all I had to do was run the build.bat and it compiled correctly. Ever since the move to github I've been having issues, the tools that it comes with always failed to compile. Using a previous old tools folder from sourceforge worked for awhile, but not anymore. What am I supposed to be doing? The tools that come with it do not work and neither do the tools linked in the COMPILING document: http://svn.code.sf.net/p/openbor/tools/tools/

m7obBhP.png


I've tried this on two different Windows 7 computers and have the exact same result.
 
Damon Caskey said:
And that's the problem with ports. Inevitably they end up out of date, incomplete, or abandoned. That just makes the core engine look bad. If it were up to me, there would be no ports at all. Play it on PC - the end. Well technically it is up to me, lol, but I'm not going to be that hard nosed about it.

DC

I agree with you...in parts. Since the other ports lacks enough power to run scripted mods, like PSP and WII, I won't care too much about them. But Android is another question - and a VERY nice feature to have.
 
Hi there,
I want to learn how to compile OpenBOR to Android. What do I need? the Android SDK?
Plus, which is the ID of Android for build.bat?

Edit: Nevermind, I've found the info at readthis,txt
Compiling requirements
----------------------

To compile this port, you will need to install the Android NDK and SDK properly, as well as installing Apache ANT.

This build is designed to be compiled on API 10 (Android 2.3.3), therefore this build requires Android 2.3.3 and up.

For Windows, you will also need Cygwin to run the various shell scripts in the source.

Further reading:
- http://developer.android.com/index.html
- http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/android/android_ndk.html
 
I know you resolved this already, but I was also having trouble compiling with that same error, which I was able to resolve.
This information might be useful to people trying to compile on windows - it was a pretty easy fix.

First thing is that the windows sdk is not named properly.
Code:
       echo "-------------------------------------------------------"
       echo "      Windows SDK - Not Found, Installing SDK!"
       echo "-------------------------------------------------------"
       ../tools/7-Zip/7za.exe x -y ../tools/win-sdk/win-sdk.7z -o../tools/win-sdk/

The files in /win-sdk/ are "win-sdk.7z.001" and "win-sdk.7z.002"


Also, if you have MinGW installed, it uses that for the devpath instead of the SDK.

When I removed these lines from environ.sh:
Code:
   elif test -e "c:/mingw"; then
     export WINDEV=c:/mingw/bin
     export SDKPATH=c:/mingw
     export EXTENSION=.exe
     export PATH=$TOOLS:$WINDEV:$PATH
It compiled fine.
 
I fixed the issue with the miss named windows sdk check the trunk build or the latest release.

I also had the issue with mingw folder had to delete it from my c drive.
 
So if mingw should not be downloaded then what shouold i get for windows port? I dont want to go through the issues you guys had.
Ive got repo, i used tortoise previously.
 
70f8b352.jpg

Got this, why is that ?
Looks like im missing some files, my download got stopped a couple of times maybe that messed something up
--
wow, i keep downloadin res file but when compiling its getting deleted anyway.
Also got this error at the start and maybe its related
a3f9a826.jpg


--
OK, only clipbitmap-fix branch compiled fine on my system, other branches didnt.So what should i do to compile your branch ?What stuff i need to copy from clipbitmap-fix branch? Or what stuff from your branch to clipbitmap-fix fiolders ? IF thats better.Compiled Windows,Wii and PSP
---
Tried to move engine folder to clipbitmap branch but i think theres something in sh file thats not right, i copied everything BUT bat and sh from your branch to clipbitma[p and it compiled ok.

This code does removal of some necessary components
Code:
  export PATH=$OLD_PATH
  . ./environ.sh 5
  if test $WINDEV; then
    make clean BUILD_WIN=1
		#first remove old resource file and update with build number from build_number.h.
		if test -e "resources/OpenBOR.res"; then
		rm "resources/OpenBOR.res";
		windres.exe resources/OpenBOR.rc -o resources/OpenBOR.res -O coff
		else
		windres.exe resources/OpenBOR.rc -o resources/OpenBOR.res -O coff
		fi
    make BUILD_WIN=1
    if test -f "./OpenBOR.exe"; then
Its not in sh from clipbitmap but its in your branch, is it supoer important ?
--- yeah i just removed that resources removal code  from sh in your branch and it compiled withouyt need to copy anything like before.!
SUper awesome ! Now that i know it compiles, time for android.
I remember that compiling process was more complicated in the past, or maybe my memory isnt as good.
Anyway , whoever created that extra removal of resources on windows build  in sh file - NOT THANK YOU.
 
Back
Top Bottom