Layers in Z axis like Guardian Heroes.

kdo

Member
Hi guys, is there a Openbor game that uses similar mechanics to Guardian Heroes Sega Saturn where the characters move in some specific layers of the z axis? I like this idea and would like to try to use it in a mod, but in my case I only need two layers, I think something more similar to Fatal Fury Special where the characters can move in 2 planes. Also create this movement of them jumping from one layer to another, but I have no idea how to do that.:(
 
It depends on how you want to do it.

If you want the gameplay to still be 3D (i.e. you don't crouch down), you can simply block your character from walking on the Z axis (using onmovezscript) and add a command where he would "jump" on the z axis.

If you want 2D gameplay, it could be more complicated. Maybe you'd be better off making two platforms (one of them in the zmin position) and writing code to "jump" between one platform and the other.
 
If I were to make a 2-lane level in 2D, which you're allowed to crouch down, one thing I can do is simply add a wall platform outside of the zmin limit. I only add walls outside of zmin/zmax limit when it's necessary, especially this situation with 2-3 lanes in a one-straight lane level. I will have to place walls like they are part of the zmin/zmax limit. But I just have to use scripts to give effect on what part the characters are subject to. You can also use subject_to_wall 1 if you want your character to reach walls without passing through.
 
Back
Top Bottom