Memory of input keys for combos

brikinhos

New member
Hi, I'm doing a new beat em up, it's playable but I would like to improve it. In this beat em up I can do chain combos and I can to cancel normal attacks for doing a special attack but it's so hard because I have to do so fast.

I'm remembering old beat em ups like D&D Shadows over Mystara, Battle Circuit or Alien vs Predator which in these games memorize button inputs, for example: I press down while I'm doing a normal combo chain, but if I press forward + attack I can finish this combo with a special attack.

The question is, has OpenBor a way for doing that? and how to do it?
 
Sorry, I was occuped these last days.

The problem, I think, is the command "cancel" doesn't recognize buttons that are already pushed. For example: in Final Fight, if you keep pressed the down button, when you do the last attack of the normal combo you can grab an enemy and throw him. But to make working it you have to press down when you do the last hit of the combo, it doesn't work if you have already pressed the down button.
 
Ahhh!, ok. Yes, I know something about scripting but I'm not an expert, but I'm C++ programmer so it won't be hard for me. I will take a look to OpenBORManual. Thanks so much, if I have a doubt I will ask here.
 
Back
Top Bottom